London has lost more jobs as a result of COVID-19 than any other region of the UK.
Over 700,000 Londoners are currently accessing the Government’s furlough scheme, which is due to end on 30 September 2021.
With the Mayor leading on delivering adult education programmes for Londoners, how can investment in skills and education help those Londoners whose jobs have been impacted by the pandemic?
Tomorrow, the Economy Committee will investigate the Mayor’s skills and adult education programme to get all Londoners back to work.
The guests are:
- Jules Pipe CBE, Deputy Mayor for Planning, Regeneration and Skills
- Michelle Cuomo-Boorer, Assistant Director of Skills and Employment, GLA
- Matthew Walsham, Policy Lead, Partnership for Young London
- James Moon, Area Manager – London and East England, The Careers and Enterprise Company
- Jonathan Cribb, Senior Research Economist, Institute for Fiscal Studies
The meeting will take place on Wednesday, 14 July 2021 from 10am.
Media and members of the public are invited to attend but numbers may be limited. The meeting can also be watched live here.