The opening hearing of the inquiry into the future of UK music festivals will hear from the organisers of Boomtown and Parklife as well as senior executives from industry associations, including UK Music, on what is required for UK-based music festivals to survive the impact of covid-19 and the health and financial barriers to planning festivals in 2021.
Purpose of the session
The calls for Government-backed cancellation insurance for events and the likely impact of the covid-19 vaccine roll-out on the viability of events are expected to be discussed. The session will also focus on the impact of the Government’s financial support measures so far, including the Culture Recovery Fund.
Tuesday 5 January
- Anna Wade, Communications & Strategy Director, Boomtown
- Sacha Lord, Co-Founder, Parklife and The Warehouse Project and Night-Time Economy Adviser, Greater Manchester Combined Authority
At approx. 11am
- Jamie Njoku-Goodwin, CEO, UK Music
- Paul Reed, CEO, Association of Independent Festivals (AIF)
- Steve Heap, General Secretary, Association of Festival Organisers (AFO)