Let’s be honest, no one likes waiting or standing in queues. You may be shocked to learn that over our lifetime we spend an average of 6 months, 2 weeks and 5 days queuing. I think you can agree that, even for the queue-loving British, that’s too much time.
Combined with the multitude of new operational challenges posed by COVID-19, why not look at killing two birds with one stone? Let’s put an end to income-draining queues and even waiting to order as a whole.
That’s where order management app solutions come in. They’re transforming the way the industry interacts with their guests and making drinking and eating out safer and more cost-effective for everyone.
In the past couple of months, you’ll likely have seen an influx of companies offering white label ordering apps or digital menu micro-sites. However, with a trade aggregator app, such as Glug, there’s no need to invest in pricey software or the hours of manpower for set-up. It’s as easy as signing up and adding your menu items.
Here’s a rundown of what you can expect:
- Via the free mobile app, users can browse local establishments and locate where they’d like to go.
- Browsing the up-to-date, live digital menu can be done before or as they arrive.
- Customers can order via their smartphone within minutes of sitting down, no need to wait for a member of staff.
- Clear and concise tickets are sent straight through to the kitchen/ bar.
- Customers can easily reorder drinks and order additional dishes at their leisure.
- Once the customers leave, there’s no need to dispose of or wipe down menus.
Not only are customers happier, but you can use this extra time to increase the efficiency of your staff rotas or give your staff the extra time they need to properly interact with your guests (safely, of course) and improve on customer experience.
What’s the cost?
All of this for just 10p charged to the merchant per transaction, with no additional infrastructure necessary.
Looking to allow customers to pay via the app, we’ve negotiated great card processing rates which are available to all Glug merchants.
Still not sure? You can add your digital menu and business information to Glug for FREE, no catch, no obligations. Then, you can upgrade to allow in-app ordering if and when you fancy it.
For more information on Glug email email@example.com or visit www.glug.live